Your personal data is important to us. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. We believe this information should only be used to help us provide you with better service. That is why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information.
We, Philea Mines Beach Resort collects, stores and handles your personal information is subject to the Data Protection Principle under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) and the laws of Malaysia below is seeks to outline how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections data subjects are entitled to.
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the information that we may collect, how we may use of this information can benefit your experience on our website. By providing your personal information to us, you’re compliant to this Privacy Statement and the collection, uses, access, transfers, storages and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement
1. Types of Personal Information to collect
Philea Mines Beach Resort collects information about guests and visitors to our website so that we can provide an experience that is responsive to our guests' and visitors need. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
2. Purpose of collect your information
- Fulfilling reservation or information requests(e.g. name, ID number/ passport number, telephone, mobile telephone, fax number, credit card information, date of birth, gender, nationality, race, country of residence, address, email and etc)
- Purchasing product and services (e.g. credit card information or your bank account details, your associated billing addresses and expiration dates)
- Registering for program membership
- Submitting a job application
- Responding to communication from us (e.g. e-survey, e-promotional offer, or reservation confirmations and etc)
- Accommodating your personal preferences
- Fulfilling requests for services or recommendations we provide you
- Working with third party sources, including collecting publicity available information from social networking websites, to better assist us with understanding your interests and to serve you better
Philea Mines Beach Resort is fully committed to provide with information collected from visitors or guests while using our websites, product and services. It is our practice not to ask you for information unless we need it or intend to use it. Some of the primary purposes for collecting as follows:-
- Providing services such as processing a transaction(e.g. Making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order)
- Communicate with you in relation to the products and services offered by Philea Mines Beach Resort, our strategic marketing partners, and other trusted third parties
- Performing market research via surveys to better serve your needs, improve the effectiveness of our websites, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and /or promotion activities.
You may select to opt out from our marketing emails at any time by clicking on the link included in such communications.
3. Purpose of using the information collected
We generally use your information for administrative purposes. Example: processing, confirming, fulfilling, arranging and completing your bookings, request and transactions for our services. We would also use your information for the purposes of billing and accounting, security, marketing information, customer relations and also to help us improve and help us in any future engagements with you. We would also use your emails that has been provided with your approval, to send you marketing updates, booking confirmation, booking enquiries
4. Disclosures of your Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose and transfer your personal data and information (whether within or outside of Malaysia) to our business partners such as travel-related companies (for example, airline companies, car rental companies and excursion tour companies), and third party data processors who provide administrative, telecommunications, payment or other services to facilitate your requests or provide you with goods and services you require. The recipients of any such data are contractually prohibited from using personal data and information for any purpose other than for the purpose(s) specified.
We reserve the right to disclose any personal data and information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property. We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations. We may share aggregated demographic information with business partners, affiliates or other entities. This aggregate information is not linked or traceable to any personally identifiable information about you.
5. Protecting your privacy
We take extra care when dealing with your personal information and we will take the appropriate steps to protect your privacy.
6. Managing children/ kids privacy
- Credit card and bank details are used only for payments.
- We do not share or sell any of the information that you have provided us via our channels to any other companies or individuals without your permission.
Children under the age of 18 are requested to not submit, post or share your information with us, without parent’s or guardian’s approval. Information should only be provided by the parent or guardian. Information that we would collect would be: name, age, date of birth, travelling documents and supporting travelling documents.
7. Using of cookies
The usage of cookies on our website is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information. Cookies are purely used for programming purposes and to save your time because it helps to provide you a customized experience without you having to remind us on your preference each time you return to our web pages. We use them as a mechanism to remember the information that is selected from one page to another. For security reasons, your credit card information would not be saved or remembered. You would need to key in the credit card number each time you make a purchase.
8. Details of Customer Data Disclosure
The request procedures for disclosure (hereinafter including revision and suspension of use) in cases of disclosure of personal data held by the company shall be as follows:
9. Updating Privacy statement
- Method of accepting requests for disclosure
Requests should be made using a ‘Personal Date Request Form’ and should be sent by registered mail addressed to the Personal Data Protection Office of Philea Mines Beach Resort.
- Method of requesting disclosure
Please send the following documents and the prescribed fee to the Personal Data Protection Office.
- The ‘Personal Date Request Form’ specified by the company.
- One copy of an official document proving the individual's identity (personal identity card, driving license, passport, etc.)
- In case of using a statutory:
- The documents given in the above mentioned i and ii.
- One copy of a document proving the person has the right of statutory representation (family register, where the person has parental authority, a copy of the insurance card on which the dependent is entered is also acceptable).
- One copy of a document proving that the person is the statutory agent of a minor or adult ward (a copy of an official document such as the statutory agent's driver's license or passport).
Note: The above-mentioned official documents must be currently valid (within three months of the date of issuance in the case of a document such as the family register).
The submitted documents shall be retained for a period of two years from the date of disclosure of the contents and then shall be destroyed.
- Fee for the request for disclosure
The fee for the request for disclosure shall be RM30.00 (subject to prevailing GST) per request. Please enclose a small-sum postal coupon or a fixed postal money order. In addition, there may be some cases where we will be unable to comply with your request owing to the request coming under the grounds for non-disclosure of retained personal data. In such case, we will notify you giving the reason for non-disclosure, but please note that the prescribed fee will not be refunded to you.
- The reply to your request shall be posted to you addressed to the address stated on the request form
- Grounds for non-disclosure of "retained personal data"
Personal data shall not be disclosed in the cases prescribed below. In cases of non-disclosure, you will be notified to the effect of non-disclosure with an explanation given thereof.
- Cases where the person making the request cannot be confirmed owing to a discrepancy in the address given in the request form and in the address given in the documents to prove the identity of the individual or in the address registered with the company.
- Cases where the right of representation cannot be confirmed at the time of the application made by the agent.
- Cases where there is a mistake in the prescribed application documents.
- Cases where the subject matter for which disclosure is requested does not come under the "retained personal data".
- Cases where there is the risk that the disclosure of the personal information will harm the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the individual or a third party.
- Cases where there is the risk that there will be a seriously adverse effect on the proper implementation of the business of the company.
- Cases where disclosure will be in violation of other laws and regulations.
We would amend this privacy statement from time to time according to the laws. The updated version shall apply and supersede all the previous versions. Do check out our website for our most updated practices.
10. Contact us
Should you have any enquiries or request in regards to this Privacy Statement, kindly contact us at:
Personal Data Protection Office
Philea Mines Beach Resort
Jalan Dulang, Mines Resort City,
43300 Seri Kembangan,
Tel: +603-8943 6688
Office Hours: 9am – 5pm (except Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays)
Click here to download the ‘Personal Data Request Form’ (PDF)